See description below of for membership criteria.
- The applicant should have been a fully paid-up member of the Guild for at least three years.
- The applicant should have had at least five years Practical/Technical/Managerial experience in the Textile Care industries.
- Must either hold certificates in:
- Advanced Dry Cleaning Technology or Advanced Technology of Washing (formerly Advanced Laundry Technology) and
- Textiles for Advanced Launderers and Dry Cleaners and
- Three certificates from: Dry Cleaning Practice (Machine Operation), Stain Removal, Customer Relations, Intermediate Technology of Laundry Finishing Hospital Linen Services
- Have undertaken and passed a suitable course/qualification in the Textile Care Industry, which the Examination Board agrees is of sufficient content to merit the award, based on the requirements above (such as a current NVQ Level 2, or above, in our industry skills).
In addition to the above the applicant MUST have either:
- Presented a paper of technical merit to a Guild or other open meeting, or
- Prepared, and had published a technical paper of no less than 2000 words for inclusion in the Guild’s publications.
Subject to the information received, the applicant may be asked to:
- Undergo a practical examination, conducted by the relevant chief examiner.
- Submit a technical paper or a copy of a previous paper.