Associateship of The Guild is attainable only by one of two routes (see description below):
1. By examination
2. By exemption
Associateship members shall be entitled to use the letters AGCL after their name.
- The applicant should have qualified by examination for the award of Licentiateship of the Guild.
- The applicant should have been a fully paid-up member of the Guild for at least three years.
- The applicant should have had at least five years Practical/Technical/Managerial experience within the textile care industries.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate to The Guild Examination Board that he/she holds equivalent and appropriate qualifications to Licentiateship.
- The applicant may be asked to attend an interview with the Examination Board.